Friday, May 10, 2013

Paperwork!

We have been plugging away at all the paperwork and things we need to compile to give to the adoption agency.  I have our birth certificates, marriage license, vet records, and tax form all copied and ready to give to our agency.  We have completed the two applications for our Foster (Adopt Only) License that I will give to our case worker at our next meeting.  These papers are needed along with our Fingerprint/Background checks, which thankfully we were able to complete at our first meeting!  Jesse got his TB test this Wednesday and will have it checked today.  We will both be getting our physicals done today as well!  My TB test is up to date from working PRN at the Home For The Handicapped in Morton so I was able to get record of that from them.  We have completed all the papers with basic information that we were given that needed filled out and signed for the agency.  All these papers are in a file folder that we will be giving to our case worker at our next meeting.
As for the two pages of detailed questions; we are doing our best to get through them and give as much detail as we can.  For some reason this seems to be a bit easier for me than for Jesse:)  So far I have about seventeen pages worth of typed information just from me answering their questions.  Jesse is working on it too but it takes him a little longer because he has to do it all in the evening after work and I am able to do it in my spare time at work during the day.  When I say seventeen pages it seems like a lot!  As I have been answering the questions though it isn't too hard.  Maybe it is because I have time during the day rather than having to do it all in the evenings.  Each question usually requires a lot of detail but if I just focus on one question at a time it doesn't seem to overwhelming.  Jesse has been writing his answers and then I type them up for him.  It is interesting to see how closely our answers match.  It show that we know each other well and we really are husband and wife!
Our goal is to be done with the questions by May 20th.  On the 20th we have a child/infant CPR class in Peoria at St. Francis.  If we are done with the questions we will be able to meet with our case worker that after noon since we will be traveling to Peoria for the class anyways.  In order to meet with our case worker though we have to have the application questions answered so we have been putting that as top priority!  It is so exciting to get things crossed off the list and to be just a little closer to becoming parents.  I am so thankful for how the process is going so far and I just hope it continues that way!
Now I better quit blogging and get back to my application questions!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Sounds like things are moving along sweetly:).

    ReplyDelete