Tuesday, September 9, 2014

One Month Update!

For the purpose of keeping birth family and our friends and family updated on our little blessing I plan on writing monthly updates on little Wren Danielle!

I can't believe one month with our precious baby is gone! It is crazy that is was one month ago that we were in the hospital in Florida witnessing her beautiful birth.  It seems like we have had Wren forever but also it is crazy that one month is already past and she is beginning to look a little bigger than "newborn"!!
Wren Danielle (One Month!)
Those little toes!
At her one month Doctor appointment Wren weighed 9lb 2oz!  I did not expect that and was kind of sad.  My little baby isn't so little.  I know a lot of people have 9lb babies but she was tiny and being with her each day I just don't realize how much she is changing!  She was 21inches long at her checkup so she is getting taller as well.  I could tell this because she no longer fits comfortably in her newborn sleepers and we have officially moved on to 0-3month sleepers.  As far as her regular clothes go though she is still wearing newborn but it probably won't be for long!  She checked out healthy at her one month appointment and we plan to go back for dreaded shots at two months.

Wren has been eating and sleeping very well.  She usually eats 3-4oz every 3 hours during the day and every 5-6 hours at night.  During the day she is usually very content and loves to look at lights and other bright objects or things with contrast.  We have had a few fussy days recently and they are wearing.  Not sure if it's gas or what but being used to a calm content baby and then having her turn fussy on me makes me practice my patience :)  She did sleep for 9 hours straight though after she had a rough fussy day so that was wonderful!  Overall she has been a very good baby and the fussy days just make me appreciate all the more when she is content!

She has been getting lots of attention from all her aunts, uncles, and grandparents as well as friends and church family! She is one loved little girl!
Uncles and daddy!
First time grandparents!
A little love from her friends!
A little love from her friends!
We were incredibly blesses by our church family at the baby shower they had for us.  So many gifts and so many people!! Wren has a pile of clothes for each month and lots of other toys and baby gear to get her through her baby years. We are so thankful for all that we have been given.  After the shower I brought all the gifts home, in two vehicles I might add, and I sat in the living room and opened all the gifts for Jesse and read him the cards.  The love and support from all our friends and family is overwhelming and we praise God for giving us such a wonderful support system!

Our living room full of gifts!
All the gifts sorted! Not including all the large things like
strollers, highchair, play matt, etc!
We have been crazy busy the last two weeks that we have been home from Florida and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon with harvest starting but we are trying to enjoy each moment with Wren! Babies become toddlers way to fast and I want to cherish these days that I get to spend with my snuggly little one! I am so thankful that I get the opportunity to stay at home and raise my little girl.

I decided I want to try to get a weekly picture of her next to her stuffed rabbit so there is something to compare her size.  It was going to be the flower until I got the rabbit at our shower and decided that would be more fun! So I missed the first two weeks when we were in Florida but I hope to get all the rest!



1 comment:

  1. enjoyed your shower. Glad we could come. Thank you for letting me hold her for like an hour....so very precious. She is a doll that is for sure.
    Look forward to these updates.

    ReplyDelete